Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cherish Every Single Minute

I was just talking to my dearest Sarah and I were just talking this morning about how we have a blog addiction. I absolutely love exploring other people's blogs, whether it's about their family or a specific topic. In some of my exploration this afternoon, I came across this blog. I'm just going to warn you ahead of time to please not visit that link if you are currently at work or some other place that might be inappropriate for you to break into uncontrollable sobs. Luckily I have my own office at work where I could shut the door, because this did happen to me. If you sit in a cubicle, please wait until you get home. While reading the Sullengers' story I have to admit that I had a mild panic attack. I wanted to immediately run home and squeeze my baby and never let go. That is exactly what I will do when I go home. Ok, I will eventually let him go, but not for awhile at least. The thought that I might someday have to say goodbye to him is unimaginably devastating. I absolutely cannot imagine how I would survive something like that. I can barely survive the wisp of a thought. It makes me lose my breath. It's stories like this that remind us that every single moment is precious. Every. Single. Moment. So go grab your baby, whether they are 9 months or 40 years, and love on them until they can't stand it anymore. I know I will. I thank God for the blessing that He has put into my life - this little bundle that has irrevocably changed me for the better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...