Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Changes

I have been putting off this post for quite some time. At first I was just too entrenched in the situation that I didn't have the energy to put it to paper, so to speak. And then once it was all done, it just seemed so overwhelming to write the whole thing down. So we're just going to make a long story short - we've moved out of Mountain House, renting a house in Tracy, I'm quitting my job at the end of July and we're moving to Reno. How's that for a short story? :-) The process of moving out of Mountain House was extremely difficult. Moving is always stressful, especially after being there for six years, building friendships and connections with the community. Some of our best friends lived four houses down. How often do you get to say that? So in short, it was hard. But on to new horizons. The best part of all this is that ...wait for it...I get to be a stay at home mommy now!!! Wooooooo hooooo!! It has honestly been my dream for so long, to be able to stay home with my children. I remember just months into dating Jason I turned to him and said, "I just want you to know that I want to be a stay at home. " Just wanted to give him the heads-up about what he was getting himself into ;-) So needless to say, I am extremely excited. Not to say that there is not a bit of nervousness there as well. I am very used to being extremely busy at work and leading multiple projects and pretty much having my hands in everything. To walk away from that and hand the reigns to someone else is more difficult than I thought it would be. I know that the reward is great, but I do also realize that I'm leaving other rewards behind. I'm a mess right now in case you couldn't tell ;-) A little all over the place if you will.

To add to all of that, we have decided to move our little family up the mountain to Reno. We will be closer to Jason's mom and not too much further from my parents (who decided to move back to Cali as we decided to move out!). Plus Adam is moving to Sacramento in the coming months / year so he will be closer as well. Moving that far from my brother was definitely a concern, but now we'll all be within a couple of hours from each other. Except of course for little sister who is busy gallivanting across the south :-)

So, in short - big changes for the Smith family. A little scary and stressful, but all in all very exciting. And really, as long as we're together, we've got everything we need. xoxo

2 comments:

Lori Huneke said...

oooh my goodness!! wow! big changes. I wish you guys all the best in the whole wide world. You guys are both two of the most amazing people I have ever met. I know you will find happiness wherever you go. And, you said it best.. As long as you are together, you will have everything you need. =) Being at home is the best. They are little for such a short period of time. Soak it up. soak it all in. love you guys!!!!

Shilo and Jason said...

Thanks Lori!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...