Monday, June 7, 2010

First Fever

Poor little pumpkin had his first fever last week. When he woke up in the morning I thought that he felt warm, but his temperature was normal when I took it, so I chalked it up to being a paranoid mama. From now on I am trusting my instincts! I got a call from our daycare lady at about 1:30 that Elijah had a fever of just over 101 degrees. You can imagine how quickly I raced back to Mountain House! All I wanted to do was snuggle my little man. Of course when I picked him up, he was in his normal joyful mood. This kid is incredible. Nothing gets him down!!! I brought him home and Jason and I spent the rest of the evening cuddling him and putting cool cloths on his head. We know he wasn't feeling well when he let us do that!
Luckily the fever only lasted about 36 hours and the reassurance from the doctor that everything was fine, especially since he had no other symptoms was definitely a plus. I'm hoping that these occurrences are few and far between!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...