Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day! Of course I had all of these very grandiose plans for breakfast in bed, but when we woke up at 6:00 to get ready to head up to Pinecrest for the day, I was a little less motivated...sorry honey! After feeding and changing the munchkin and getting all the 5,000 things a baby needs anytime we leave the house, it was only 2.5 hours later. Pretty impressive right?

The drive is actually not bad at all, between 1.5 and 2 hours. The location is absolutely gorgeous. The drive to Pinecrest takes you up through the sequoias and it's absolutely breathtaking.


We met the group at their campsite and hung out for awhile as they cooked breakfast.

Cory cooking breakfast for the gang.

Why weren't we camping you ask? Because my wonderful husband is a very smart man. In the weeks leading up to the camping trip (a Mothers Club sponsored event) I kept telling Jason that I could definitely handle camping with the group. No problem, I said. He insisted that he was not taking me and the baby camping when we had never seen the camp site. He would feel much better if I had seen the camp-site and new what to expect. I cannot thank him enough. When we got there, all anyone could talk about was how cold it had been the night before. I have no idea what we would have done with baby. Probably slept in the car with the heater running! Not to mention the state of the bathrooms. If you can even call them that. It was literally a hole in the ground with a seat on top. I admit it - I'm a complete and total wuss. I have no tolerance for holes in the ground. There, I said it.

After a while we headed down to the lake to spend an hour on the party boat that the group had reserved. It was still a little chilly, but such a gorgeous day. The lake is rather small, but absolutely gorgeous! There is no skiing on the lake, so it was wonderfully quiet and relaxing.

I want to be back there!

Walking the marina while we waited for the boat to be docked.

Duder's first boat ride!


I swear he's in there somewhere.

Jason was our designated captain for the day.
I didn't know that it was possible to love this much. I am literally bursting with love for these two.

Mr. Elijah driving the boat

After Elijah got a chance to drive the boat, everyone wanted a turn! There was literally a line of kids waiting to sit on Jason's lap and drive the boat. It was absolutely adorable!
Little Becca driving
Miss Ava driving the boat. How gorgeous is this girl!!

The gang

After we took a couple spins around the lake, we headed back over the beach. It was so much fun watching the kids play in the sand and splash around in the (freezing) water. I can't wait to see our little man joining in.

The Dude looks a little shell-shocked :-)

He is seriously the happiest baby I know!

I also wish you could see his shirt, because it's a picture of Darth Vader and it says "My Dad is Awesome" I mean, how perfect is that?

Sarah and I on the beach.

Just hanging out
Seriously though, how cute are these two???? How did I get so lucky!

Dada, how many times do I need to tell you - No kisses in public!
Goofy Dada

It was such a wonderful day and I can't wait to go back (when it's warmer and we have a campsite with a flushing toilet). I'm so glad that Jason enjoyed himself on his first Father's Day. Elijah is so lucky to have such a wonderful Dada who loves him so much. I feel so incredibly blessed to have him in my life as well :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...